Explore the history of the Jewish community in Prague and the Czech lands. From the medieval times until the WW2.
Read my blog about what to see in Jewish Quarter.
The history of the Ghetto is dated back even further to the 13th century, when Jews of Prague were ordered to vacate their homes and settle in this area. The original ghetto did not survive, what we can visit today is its 20th century “reconstruction”. Even most of the buildings were replaced by the new ones, we can still admire some of those “ancient” ones. Above all they rank among the most beautiful and oldest in all Europe.
During the WW2, Hitler protected this area, to be used as the Museum of an extinct race.
- Old-New Synagogue – oldest in the Central Europe, 750 years old
- Old Jewish cemetery – oldest preserved in Europe
- Maisel Synagogue – from the 16th century
- Pinkas Synagogue – from the 16th century, memorial to the victims of the Shoa
- Klausen Synagogue – from the 17th century
*need to purchase ticket
- Guiding service – personal licensed guide by Jewish Community in Prague (me)
- Private tour – it’s only you and your family/friends
- Pick-up in the hotel or any other place (walking)
- Drop-off in the hotel or any other place (walking)
- Map of Prague
- Small guidebook of the city
- Personal expanses
- Entrance tickets – 500CZK (Ticket to the Jewish Museum in Prague, you buy only for your group. There are discounted tickets for students and family, so bring your ID.)
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes (walking on cobblestones)
- Umbrella (in case of rain, or to protect from sun)
Deposit of 50% (not refundable) to be payed in advance (via PayPal or bank transfer) to secure your date. The rest you can pay the same way or in cash during the tour.
|1-3 persons||120 EUR|
|4-8 persons||150 EUR|
|bigger groups||200 EUR per hour|
Closed on Saturday and Jewish holidays (http://www.jewishmuseum.cz/en/info/visit/opening-hours/)
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”25″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”240″ thumbnail_height=”160″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”20″ number_of_columns=”0″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”1″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]